Make a Donation
Alzheimer's Family Organization is funded through donations, memberships, bequests, fundraising efforts and largely in part because of our wonderful volunteers! The funds received by our organization stay within the eight local communities we provide services to; Citrus, Hernando, Lake, North Hillsborough, North Pinellas, South Marion, Pasco and Sumter Counties.
Currently, operations have been difficult due to the Pandemic. Restrictions and concerns over the wellbeing of our communities have made it difficult for Organization to continue. We are relying on the community now more than ever to show us how much YOU need US. Our fundraising has slowed and we are unable to print our Caregiver's Companion to reduce any exposure to the spread of any illnesses. However, we have been able to offer MORE one on one counseling to each and every Caregiver that reaches out to our office for assistance. We have dedicated our time to be here for our Caregiver's to provide information, support, advice, and most of all and kind and loving ear to listen to what their particular and special need is. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Your donation allows the Alzheimer's Family Organization to continue offering all that we can to each Caregiver that is at the end of their rope and has no other corner to turn to for help.
See below for ways that you can donate to the AFO.
Monetary donations to the AFO go directly towards serving the families and caregivers of Alzheimer's sufferers within our 8 county service area. Examples of Monetary donations are:
- Cash, mailing in a check or donating online
- Fundraising, you may choose AFO as a beneficiary for your fundraiser
- Membership, become a member of the AFO
- Bequests, choose AFO as a beneficiary in your will
If you would like to make an Monetary donation to the AFO, please contact the AFO office. If you are interested in becoming a member, please see our Member page.
In-kind donations, is a kind of charitable giving in which, instead of giving money to buy needed goods and services, the goods and services themselves are given. In-kind donations generally fall into one of three categories: (1) direct payment by a donor of bill owed by the charity to a third party, (2) donations of goods or (3) donations of services. You can deduct the fair market value of physical items contributed through In-Kind donations. Examples of In-Kind donations are:
- Goods, like computers, software, furniture, and office equipment, for use by your organization or for special event auctions
- Services, like meeting space, photocopy and mail services, radio, online and television broadcasting; and administrative/financial support
- Expertise, like legal, tax, or business advice; marketing and website development; and strategic planning
- Cash equivalents, like stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
Sponsoring an AFO event is not only a tax deduction but it also presents the opportunity to market your business. Sponsoring an AFO event includes many benefits:
- Relationship Building, develop new relationships with our stakeholders
- Positive Association, benefit from the positive association of supporting our organization and projects
- Reaching a Target Audience, reach a specific target market. AFO hosts educational events and fundraisers in various types of venues with a wide range of demographics.
- Direct Sales, AFO offers vendor opportunities at many of our events and fundraisers where you, the vendor would have the opportunity to market your business or organization
- Doing Good, fill your philanthropic needs by becoming an AFO supporter
- Having Fun, some sponsorship packages include tickets to AFO events where you can become a participant
In Loving Memory / Honor of Donation
When making a donation to the AFO, you have the option to dedicate your donation to a loved one or friend. Donors will receive a thank you card and select an individual to receive a letter noting that a donation has been made for the named person. If you select your donation to be made at one of our events, you will receive a take-home placard that will be displayed proudly on event day.