Respite Care Assistance
The Alzheimer's Family Organization offers a Respite Care Assistance Program which provides a monetary reimbursement to caregivers for respite costs.
Respite is defined as "Time Off" for the caregiver. The well-being of the caregiver contributes to the well-being of the patient. Respite services allow caregivers to receive much needed relief and time to do both necessary and enjoyable activities.
The Alzheimer's Family Organization Can Provide Information on the Following Services:
- Home health care
- Adult day care
- Short term care in a health care facility
Is Financial Assistance available to help pay for Respite Care?
YES. The Respite Care Assistance Program provides financial assistance to AFO members who have been approved for the program. Call for additional information.
What are the Program Guidelines?
• The caregiver is responsible for the selection, arrangement and payment of respite services.
• Proof of payment must be submitted to AFO for reimbursement.
• Only respite services from the date of approval letter (valid for 12 months) is covered.
Are there any requirements for eligibility?
YES. To qualify for financial assistance, the caregiver must:
• Have a paid membership in the Alzheimer’s Family Organization.
• Resident of Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Sumter, Lake, N Pinellas, N Hillsborough, or S Marion Counties.
• Reside with patient.
• Submit completed application requesting assistance.
• Provide a statement from a physician that the patient has Alzheimer’s disease or a related memory disorder. The doctor can fax this to us.
For complete guidelines and requirements of our Respite Assistance Program, please contact the AFO office at (727) 848-8888 or toll-free, (888) 496-8004.