Respite Care Assistance
The Alzheimer's Family Organization offers a Respite Care Assistance Program which provides a monetary reimbursement to caregivers for respite costs.
Respite is defined as "Time Off" for the caregiver. The well-being of the caregiver contributes to the well-being of the patient. Respite services allow caregivers to receive much needed relief and time to do both necessary and enjoyable activities.
The Alzheimer's Family Organization Can Provide Information on the Following Services:
- Home health care
- Adult day care
- Short term care in a health care facility
- Privately arranged companionship service
Eligibility Requirements for Respite Care Assistance Include:
- Paid membership in the Alzheimer's Family Organization.
- Be a resident of Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, Sumter, Lake, S. Marion and N. Hillsborough or N. Pinellas County. Both patient and caregiver must reside together.
- Submit completed application requesting assistance. Provide a doctor's statement that the patient has Alzheimer's disease or a related memory disorder. (Your doctor can fax this to us)
The caregiver is responsible for the selection, arrangement and initial payment for respite services. (Resource lists are available) Proof of payment must be submitted to AFO for reimbursement.
For complete guidelines and requirements of our
Respite Assistance Program, please contact
the AFO office at (727) 848-8888 or toll-free, (888) 496-8004.
The Respite Care Assistance Program is
partially funded through a grant provided by: